1. Belief in ALLAAH: means believing firmly in His existence, Lordship and Divinity, and in His names and attributes.
2. Belief in Allaah’s Angels: This is to believe that the angels exist. No one knows their exact number except Him (Allah). He created them to worship Him.
3. Belief in Allaah’s Books: It is to believe that Allah revealed Divine Books to His Messengers in order for them to convey to mankind. These Books contained nothing but the truth at the time of revelation. All these Books called people to the Oneness of Allah, and that He is the Creator, Proprietor and Owner, and to Him belong the Beautiful Names and Attributes. Some of these Books are as follows:
- The Torah: The Torah is the Sacred Book which was revealed to Prophet Moses .
- The Zaboor (Psalms): The Zaboor is the Sacred Book which was revealed to Prophet David .
- The Injeel (Gospel): The Injeel is the Sacred Book which was revealed to Prophet Jesus .
- The Noble Quran: One must believe that the Quran is the Speech of Allah which Angel Gabriel brought to Muhammad and that it is the last of the Divine Books which abrogated all previous Books.
4. Belief in the Messengers of Allah: It is to believe that Allah chose the finest amongst mankind to be Messengers whom He sent to His creation with specific legislations; to worship and obey Him, and to establish His religion and His Tawheed (oneness). Allah ordered His Messengers to convey the Message to people, so that they would not have any proof against Him after He sent them.
(And We sent not before you, [O Muhammad] except men to whom We revealed [the message] so ask the people of the message [i.e., former scriptures] if you do not know. ) (21:7)
5. Belief in the Last Day: It is to believe that the life of this world will come to an end. Allah says:
(Everyone upon it [i.e., the earth] will perish. And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor.) (55:26-27)
6. Belief in Qada and Qadar (Predestination): It is to believe that Allah knew everything before it came into being, and what will happen to it afterwards. He then brought them into existence, all in accordance to His Knowledge and Measure.